purge packages selected for removal by apt-get

Say in order to install package A, apt-get wants to remove package B.
Is there any way to tell apt-get to purge package B instead of just
removing it?

Consider the following situation where I am trying to install the vlc
package on a machine running a combination of Wheezy and Jessie.

% sudo apt-get install vlc
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libfreerdp1 libvlccore7
22 upgraded, 37 newly installed, 2 to remove and 2035 not upgraded.

Here, I prefer apt-get to automatically purge libfreerdp1 libvlccore7
instead of just removing them.

If I try to manually purge them, apt-get wants to remove a lot of
packages which I prefer not to do.

% sudo apt-get remove --purge libfreerdp1 libvlccore7
30 upgraded, 45 newly installed, 239 to remove and 1872 not upgraded.

Any ideas/suggestions/comments?

thanks in advance
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog