Re: convert Jessie stable to pure testing

Do you mean just changing the lines in /etc/apt/sources.list from "testing" to "stretch"?  Would that work?

Or, I can always reinstall.  The XFCE didplay is so fuzzy, it hurts my eyes (even after woring with the gui adjustments).  Maybe I will go back to being a slave to Gnome - unconfigureable, but looks better.

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sunday 07 June 2015 19:38:45 Francis Gerund wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 07 June 2015 02:54:56 Francis Gerund wrote:
> > > upgrading in place sounds good in theory, but
> > > never quite works right
> >
> > What do you think will happen when Stretch becomes Stable?  You will
> > upgrade
> > in place, instantly, totally uncontrolled by you.  Ignoring all release
> > notes.  Much better, even if you upgrade immediately, to do so yourself
> > in a
> > controlled manner.
> Well, too late now!  Guess I'll just fight with testing, until it breaks.

Why is it too late?  Stretch won't become Stable for about two years - you've
got plenty of time to change if you want to do so.  For now, Stretch and
Testing are the same thing.

Lisi