Re: Regarding issues

On Sun 07 Jun 2015 at 05:55:53 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 06, 2015 at 10:39:38AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 04:10:08PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > First:  This isn't Ubuntu.  If you love Ubuntu, then use Ubuntu.  If you have
> > > decided to make the switch, then switch properly.  Learn the Debian way -
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Let me (politely) disagree a bit here. Why erect walls? In some way Ubuntu
> > is a sister (or a descendant -- that's what you get when you stretch analogies
>
> There are many Debian derivatives, imagine if they all started thinking
> along those lines.

One could imagine all sorts of things. Your signature is an example of
what can happen when unthinking imagination grips.

This list sees many issues which are not particularily Debian orientated
but which nevertheless are (rightly) treated seriously. Many derivatives
have their own well-established lists but there is little harm to this
list in being welcoming and open at the very least.

If the question is known to be distro-specific the poster can always be
directed to a better source of help.