Re: Regarding issues

On Friday 05 June 2015 14:23:40 Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> Hello
> I am a Linux enthusiast and have started using Debian a few days back after
> using Ubuntu for 2 years. Debian is really awesome and doesn't crash.

:-)

> Well, right now I have three major issues :
> 1. Debian cannot display languages as Hindi, not even Google Hindi in
> Chromium.

It can!!  First attempt to find it:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=debian+hindi&oq=debian+hindi&aqs=chrome..69i57.4362j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

> 2. I just get confused in app names in Synaptic and want to install apps
> without using DVD easily.

Don't understand what this problem is.  Personally, I don't like Symaptic, but
many swear by it.

> 3. Is there any other package manager as simple as Ubuntu? If yes then how
> to install it?

You expect us to know Ubuntu?? ;-)  I use aptitude and love it.

> It would be great for this newbie to be properly guided.

First:  This isn't Ubuntu.  If you love Ubuntu, then use Ubuntu.  If you have
decided to make the switch, then switch properly.  Learn the Debian way -
you'll get lots of help - but don't try to turn Debain into Ubuntu.  And
don't expect us to know what Ubuntu does.  "Is there an easier package
manager than Synaptic?"  Not "Is there any way I can make Debian behave like
Ubuntu."

What GUI package managers are readily and easily available depends on your DE.
So we need more information.  What version of Debian, and what DE?  Or WM?
This is Debian, not Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu/Lubuntu/Edubuntu etc..

Lisi