Re: HELP! Cannot use mouse or keyboard any more

On 06/06/2015 01:32 AM, Doug wrote:

On 06/06/2015 01:07 AM, Ric Moore wrote:
On 06/05/2015 11:54 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

If you're wondering: yes, I'm asking on an Ubuntu list, but there's more
people and expertise here, and Ubuntu is still Debian-based.  I don't
think there's anything Ubuntu-specific about this problem.

Kevin, I know you know all the helpful types fled the various flavors
of *ubuntu and came here. I think we can take it as a compliment. You
might as well install Jessie and make this your new home. :) Ric

Interesting comment, Ric. I'm in neither camp, but unless things have
changed dramatically, Ubuntu has the best and most complete user guides
for practically everything Linux. It would almost be worth running

Ubuntu just to have that resource!  And I've perused some of those
documents anyway, since a lot of things are common to most distros.

I have Ubuntu fully upgraded on another partition and I rarely boot it. Debian, IMHO, is a bit more "pure" Linux. Plus, the overall responsiveness and integrity of the user list is way better here. You sure won't find "spyware" installed. As far as a user manual goes, there is scarcely any differences between the two, until Bro Mark goes on a tear. Just my ex-pat two cents. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html