Re: Marvell 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet / packet_write_wait: Connection to ...: Broken pipe

On Fri, 2015-06-05 at 18:39 +0200, SkyFish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got an Acer Cube and experience the following problem:
> Multiple Debian systems are installed: lenny, squeeze, wheezy, jessie;
> all four are almost bare base systems. The first two, lenny and squeeze,
> funktion without any problems. The last two, wheezy and jessie, start
> without problems, and also let me to connect over SSH. But after 1-2
> minutes the client terminal freezes and the outputs this error message:
> "packet_write_wait: Connection to 192.168.1.2: Broken pipe". The network
> activity LED on the box is flushing permanently. After that, no more
> connections are accepted, the only way to access the system is a reboot
> using the power button.

The best way to gather information would probably be to login (locally
or with another network card) and see what happens during the failure.
Messages in dmesg, kernel oops etc.

Since you have a working setup it should be possible to bisect and find
where the bug was introduced (if it is a kernel problem).

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson