Re: Regarding issues

On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 06:53:40PM +0530, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> Hello
> I am a Linux enthusiast and have started using Debian a few days back after
> using Ubuntu for 2 years. Debian is really awesome and doesn't crash.
> Well, right now I have three major issues :
> 1. Debian cannot display languages as Hindi, not even Google Hindi in
> Chromium.
> 2. I just get confused in app names in Synaptic and want to install apps
> without using DVD easily.
> 3. Is there any other package manager as simple as Ubuntu? If yes then how
> to install it?
> It would be great for this newbie to be properly guided.
> Thanks

1.Did you install task-hindi, task-hindi-desktop or
task-hindi-kde-desktop?  If not, you should.

2. If you have good internet connectivity, disable the DVD
packages by changing your /etc/apt/sources.list config.
Add in a new source that you can reach via the internet.

3. There are lots of package managers, but nothing will be as
satisfying as learning how to use aptitude and/or the apt-tools,
such as apt-cache and apt-get.

-dsr-