Re: cloudprint Message: https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps

On 01/06/15 03:21 PM, Reco wrote:
  Hi.

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 20:37:19 +0200
Håkon Alstadheim <hakon@alstadheim.priv.no> wrote:

Trying to run cloudprintd from the cloudprint package in debian jessie
recently started giving errors like so:
----
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/cloudprintd", line 9, in <module>
     load_entry_point('cloudprint==0.11', 'console_scripts',
'cloudprint-cmd')()
   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 496, in main
     sync_printers(cups_connection, cpp)
   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 330, in
sync_printers
     remote_printers = dict([(p.name, p) for p in cpp.get_printers()])
   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 177, in
get_printers
     r = self.get_rest()
   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 173, in
get_rest
     auth = self.get_auth()
   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 99, in
get_auth
     'application/x-www-form-urlencoded')
   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/rest.py", line 122, in post
     return self.rest_call('POST', path, data, content_type, headers,
response_type)
   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/rest.py", line 105, in rest_call
     raise REST.RESTException('REST Error', resp.status, data)
cloudprint.rest.RESTException: REST Error:404
Message: https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps
----
The page at the link in the last line says:
" *Important:* ClientLogin has been officially deprecated
<http://googledevelopers.blogspot.com/2012/04/changes-to-deprecation-policies-and-api.html>
since April 20, 2012 and is now no longer available. Requests to
ClientLogin will fail with a HTTP 404 response. We encourage you to
migrate to OAuth 2.0
<https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2> as soon as
possible."

Ideas, anybody ? (preferably ideas not involving installing windows)

The page you've clicked explained it all. Cloudprint they ship in
Debian uses discontinued ClientLogin Google service. There's even bug
#787102 filled about it (although I'd raise severity of that bug to 'grave').

From here you can move in three directions:

1) Convince Google to bring ClientLogin back.

2) Patch cloudprint to use OAuth.

3) Use anything else to do whatever you're trying to accomplish.

Reco

   The bug was filed by the Cloudprint maintainer so I don't think it'll
take too long before it's fixed.