Re: cloudprint Message: https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps

 Hi.

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 20:37:19 +0200
Håkon Alstadheim <hakon@alstadheim.priv.no> wrote:

> Trying to run cloudprintd from the cloudprint package in debian jessie
> recently started giving errors like so:
> ----
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/cloudprintd", line 9, in <module>
>     load_entry_point('cloudprint==0.11', 'console_scripts',
> 'cloudprint-cmd')()
>   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 496, in main
>     sync_printers(cups_connection, cpp)
>   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 330, in
> sync_printers
>     remote_printers = dict([(p.name, p) for p in cpp.get_printers()])
>   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 177, in
> get_printers
>     r = self.get_rest()
>   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 173, in
> get_rest
>     auth = self.get_auth()
>   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 99, in
> get_auth
>     'application/x-www-form-urlencoded')
>   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/rest.py", line 122, in post
>     return self.rest_call('POST', path, data, content_type, headers,
> response_type)
>   File "/usr/share/cloudprint/cloudprint/rest.py", line 105, in rest_call
>     raise REST.RESTException('REST Error', resp.status, data)
> cloudprint.rest.RESTException: REST Error:404
> Message: https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps
> ----
> The page at the link in the last line says:
> " *Important:* ClientLogin has been officially deprecated
> <http://googledevelopers.blogspot.com/2012/04/changes-to-deprecation-policies-and-api.html>
> since April 20, 2012 and is now no longer available. Requests to
> ClientLogin will fail with a HTTP 404 response. We encourage you to
> migrate to OAuth 2.0
> <https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2> as soon as
> possible."
>
> Ideas, anybody ? (preferably ideas not involving installing windows)

The page you've clicked explained it all. Cloudprint they ship in
Debian uses discontinued ClientLogin Google service. There's even bug
#787102 filled about it (although I'd raise severity of that bug to 'grave').

>From here you can move in three directions:

1) Convince Google to bring ClientLogin back.

2) Patch cloudprint to use OAuth.

3) Use anything else to do whatever you're trying to accomplish.

Reco