Re: NFS drive uids/gids completely broken- for a little while

On Thu, 28 May 2015 13:40:21 -0600
Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> I would tend to be more concerned that something glitchy is happening
> on your physical network connections that you saw something one moment
> and then it went away on another moment.  This may be an indicator of
> something else happening.  It is actually easier when things fail hard
> because then you can get to root cause.  Hard to do that when the
> problem goes away.
>
> Bob

ok. caught it doing it again.

network connection is fine.

this is what dmesg tells me:

[   42.426886] NFS: v4 server <name> does not accept raw uid/gids. Reenabling the idmapper.

What's _really_ weird is that my top-level user directory is fine, it's a sub-directory that's giving me uid/gid of  4294967294 4294967294

Brian