Re: NFS drive uids/gids completely broken- for a little while

briand@aracnet.com wrote:
> aha. sounds like my problem. interesting that it's enabled by default.
> i'm assuming that for my rinky-dink set-up with 5 users i don't need it ?

The number of users is not the determinating factor.  It is the number
of groups for any particular user.  There is an array size limit of
only 16 numbers in the underlying structure without it which limits
the number of groups possible per user to 16 or fewer.  So likely you
don't need it.  However that is the normal tested path these days so I
tend not to mess with it.

I would tend to be more concerned that something glitchy is happening
on your physical network connections that you saw something one moment
and then it went away on another moment.  This may be an indicator of
something else happening.  It is actually easier when things fail hard
because then you can get to root cause.  Hard to do that when the
problem goes away.

Bob