Re: Install of Debian 8.0.0

On Wed, 2015-05-27 at 19:47 +0100, Martin G Clayton wrote:

>                 I am trying to install Debian 8.0.0 64-bit under Oracle
> Virtualbox (current version) and it persistently fails at the 'Select and
> install software' step.

Unfortunately Google gives a lot of hits on this particular problem with
VirtualBox, but no solutions.

Have you made sure that the images match the checksum?

If an install of 7.8 works, you can try doing a minimal install and
doing a  dist-upgrade to 8.

You could also try switching to another shell during the install and see
if it gives any further information about what went wrong.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson