Re: weird problem with one mail account in Thunderbird....ISP or what ?

On 05/28/2015 10:06 PM, David Christensen wrote:
On 05/27/2015 06:06 PM, Frank wrote:
I access all my mail through Thunderbird using IMAP. It has always been
flawless until yesterday.
////snip///
When I went into Thunderbird at mid-day one of my accounts with my
ISP Videotron.ca registered a logon failure..despite the fact nothing
had changed.

It seems I can't convince them the problem is at their end....or
perhaps something else is going on here ?

The burden of proof is on the accuser.  Send an e-mail message to
Videotron.ca via your primary Videotron.ca e-mail account, outline the
problem and Videotron.ca's response, and demand that Videotron.ca
provide evidence, in writing, of your computer doing suspicious or known
bad things.  If Videotron.ca does, post it here, and you and the list
can work to confirm/ isolate the problem(s) and fix your computer.  If
not, Videotron.ca is wasting your time.

David

   Just what I did today. Unfortunately the only way to reach them via
email is through their web-interface..but we'll see what they say...if anything. They are not known for customer service :)

Frank