Re: when does debian 8.1 come?

On 05/29/2015 08:37 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Fri, May 29, 2015, at 09:05, mudongliang wrote:
First , when does debian8.1 come?
It is planned for June 6th 2015.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2015/05/msg00605.html

Second, I know the development of debian big version (for Debian 7 -> 8).

oldstable    ->    stable    ->    testing     -> unstable
wheezy              Jessie            stretch                sid

I'm using testing version now!
Using 'testing' in the start of a release cycle can be even more
troublesome than using unstable.  I hope you know what you're doing.
I know what I am doing. My computer is only a notebook ,not server,
and only for myself! I want to experience this process from testing
 to stable! When Jessie is testing , I move from when jessie is frozen
 to stable!Now I will experience the whole process!

How is the development about small version (like debian 8.1)?
Time between stable point releases ("small versions") varies.

Developers do contiuous backporting of fixes to stable through uploads
to the 'stable-proposed-updates' and 'stable-updates' archives, as well
as the 'security' archive.

When the time is near to freeze and prepare the next point release, we
get a warning from the stable release managers in the development
mailing lists, like the one I linked above.  The freeze is fast, usually
just one week.
As you said before , I will not upgrade to Debian8.1. Because I have using
testing as my apt source! If you are using stable version now ,
you will accept the update from 'stable-proposed-updates' and 'stable-updates' archives!
And you will upgrade to Debian8.1. Is it?
When you upgrade to Debian 8.1 , what does the "setting " show, Debian 8 or Debian8.1?

You could activate 'stable-proposed-updates' in the apt sources lists,
and you will get early access to packages being considered for the next
stable update.   Be sure to report any errors, early testing of
stable-proposed-updates is a very valuable service for the community.

I have a doubt about what you have said! I have used "testing " in apt source!
You said I could activate "stable-proposed-updates", did you?
It is for stable! Why can I add it to my computer?
mudongliang