Re: Missing audio notifications

On Thu, 28 May 2015 17:17:52 -0500
Jose Martinez <jomartinez812@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a relatively new Debian user.  I had my system set up properly and
> everything seemed to be working well.  I used the Pithos front-end for
> the pandora service (which I like fairly well, by the way) which caused
> all of my audio notifications from the gnome system to stop.  I no

the obvious thing to try is to disable/uninstall pithos and see if notifications return.

not holding out much hope for that since your other audio seems to be working.

it's also possible that some other change made around the same time caused the problem, and it just looks like pithos did.

  dmesg | less

would be the first thing to try and see if there are any messages in there relating to audio.

not much help, i know.  audio problems can be quite tough to debug on linux.

Brian

p.s. if it will make you feel any better my windows box at work has all sorts of weird audio problems, so it's not just linux.