Re: Viruses and rootkits WAS Re: weird problem with one mail account in Thunderbird....ISP or what ?

On Thursday 28 May 2015 21:42:51 Frank wrote:
> On 28/05/15 04:22 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> >>     It's not Firefox we're talking about ..it's Thunderbird and it only
> >> affects one account, even though I have 3 on the same ISP.
> >> No connection with booting - no connection with anything other
> >> than that one account not being able to logon using IMAP.
> >>
> >> It's the ISP security guys who are insisting in their words "the account
> >> or perhaps your whole computer is infected".
> >
> > Yes, sorry.  I meant Thunderbird.  But the questuiosn are still relevant,
> > since I was thinking of Thunderbird.
> >
> > Lisi
>
>    No. As is I said the problem is not related to booting in any way.

That's what I was asking.   Had there been any time (not causal link) I had an
idea... That's all.

>    It
> just appeared out of the blue. It now appears they had blocked that
> account because their system (or they) thought/thinks it is/was
> infected.  And it's impossible to deal with these guys. One of them
> tried to tell me he had a masters degree in Computer Science...to which
> I replied what are you doing handling complaints like this...should you
> be working for Google or somebody of that nature  :)

;-)

I once told a lawyer that she couldn't do arithemetic.   She was put out and
said that she had an A in A level Mathematics.  I said that she still
couldn't do arithmetic.

Lisi