Re: yaboot: How to load Debian8 netboot installation images directly from the boot: prompt?

As I know, yaboot can't set vmlinux and initrd at the same time in its
prompt, the right way is to load an alternative config file, such as
"conf file=/boot/deb/yaboot.conf", but in this yaboot.conf, both
vmlinux and initrd.gz are under /, the path is incorrect.

so I guess you can write a new yaboot.conf in a USB flash drive, like:

boot=/dev/sdaX(the prep partition)
partition=3
root=/dev/sda3
timeout=30

image=/boot/vmlinux (can use the jessie kernel image directly, not
netboot image)
     label=Linux
     initrd=/boot/initrd.img

and then try to load the conf  file in yaboot prompt by

conf [device=device] [partition=partno] [file=/path/to/configfile]

p.s.  I'm not sure whether yaboot can load a conf in usb device or not
 under iBook :(