Re: No sound at boot

On Sat, 2015-05-23 at 23:29 -0500, Mark Allums wrote:
> I have a decent setup with an ASUS ROG motherboard (overkill for Linux,
> I know).  I was tooling along nicely, when, after an update (back when
> Jessie was Testing), sound quit working at boot.  Of course, the first
> thing I tried was
>

> root@persephone:~# modprobe snd-hda-intel
>

> and that got me sound again.  However, I have to run it manually after
> every boot.  What steps do I need to take to get it to load at boot
> again?  Re-Installing ALSA does nothing, of course, and I guess I have
> no Google skills, because all I can find with Google is advice to
> reinstall ALSA.
>
> MArk

I'm guessing something fails to autodetect the specific sound card
during boot. I think you need to figure out the exact model and revision
of it and find a matching model.

See:
http://docs.slackware.com/howtos:hardware:audio_and_snd-hda-intel

If you can get it to work, you need to figure out where to file a bug
report, I'm not really sure what is responsible to autodetect hardware
(kernel, udev?).

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson