Re: No sound at boot

On 05/24/2015 12:58 AM, Petter Adsen wrote:
On Sat, 23 May 2015 23:29:27 -0500
Mark Allums <mark@allums.top> wrote:

I have a decent setup with an ASUS ROG motherboard (overkill for
Linux, I know).  I was tooling along nicely, when, after an update
(back when Jessie was Testing), sound quit working at boot.  Of
course, the first thing I tried was

root@persephone:~# modprobe snd-hda-intel

and that got me sound again.  However, I have to run it manually
after every boot.  What steps do I need to take to get it to load at
boot again?  Re-Installing ALSA does nothing, of course, and I guess
I have no Google skills, because all I can find with Google is advice
to reinstall ALSA.
Take a look in /etc/modules-load.d - you can add a file called, say,
"sound.conf" there with the contents:

snd-hda-intel

That should load that module on boot. I haven't tested it, as I've
never had the need to force a module to load in recent years, but it
should work.

Petter

Didn't work.  Nor did adding snd-hda-intel line to /etc/modules.

Any more suggestions? I'm running Jessie. Have been since Jessie was testing, about three months after the release of Wheezy. So it's seen a lot of changes, the biggest of which was the transition from sysvinit to systemd. I should have fixed it a lot sooner, but as long as I could fix it by running modprobe, I wasn't in a big hurry. Anyway, if this had worked, it feels like a workaround, and isn't really getting to the actual cause of the problem. So, any more suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Mark