Re: out of the box wifi adapter

On 05/14/2015 08:25 PM, Raymond Jennings wrote:
I need to install a wifi adapter to my newly built desktop machine.

It needs to attach to either usb or the rj45 port, and I'd like to avoid models that require downloaded firmware or ndiswrapper or the like.

Any options out there?  I'm willing to buy stuff online if needed.

The N300 from netgear I have isn't installing, even on the netinst cd with firmware.

Most USB dongles will require firmware. The little Edimax dongle available on Amazon and everywhere works beautifully with the Raspberry PI using Raspbian out-of-the-box, perhaps it would work for you? It's tiny and supports WiFi-N, costs about $10.