Re: out of the box wifi adapter

On Thu, 14 May 2015 18:25:46 -0700
Raymond Jennings <shentino@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to install a wifi adapter to my newly built desktop machine.
>
> It needs to attach to either usb or the rj45 port, and I'd like to avoid
> models that require downloaded firmware or ndiswrapper or the like.

Not sure what you mean by "downloaded firmware". Are you okay with
Debian packaged firmware?

> Any options out there?  I'm willing to buy stuff online if needed.

If you're willing to use nonfree, there are certainly plenty of
options, e.g.:

https://wiki.debian.org/ath9k_htc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penguin-802-11N-USB-Wifi-Adapter-Card-for-Wireless-Ubuntu-GNU-Linux-Mint-Zorin-/271222750451

> The N300 from netgear I have isn't installing, even on the netinst cd with
> firmware.

Celejar