Re: aptitude update errors for upgrade to Jessie on amd64

On Wed, 13 May 2015, David Wright wrote:

After you've tried the usual things like clearing /var/lib/apt/lists
and trying, say, ftp.uk.debian.org in your sources.list, I'd be
interested whether you still get the problem if you substitute
http:  ftp: in sources.list.

   I already tried all the usual tricks, and now tried yours, but the
   result is the same with ftp instead of http.

ie, it may be something to do with your/the network.

    I don't think my network is involved, for several reasons:
    1/ on my laptop, apt-get update works for wheezy sources.list
    2/ on my wife's laptop (also an amd64), it works
       for wheezy and jessie.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel