Re: aptitude update errors for upgrade to Jessie on amd64

Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> Get: 11 http://linux.dropbox.com wheezy/main i386 Packages [1,150 B]
>
> why these references to wheezy?

Check for additional configuration files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
which I expect you to find a file referencing linux.dropbox.com
wheezy.

At a guess I expect that file to be owned by a package.  *If* there is a
file there *then* this will say what package owns it.

  dpkg -S /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

I assume you installed it for a reason.

Myself I find packages that do this type of thing bad because they
cause problems such as the above and I avoid them.  Debian packages
don't do this.  If they did it would be a bug report for them.

Bob