Re: Temporarily hold a package............

Am 10.05.2015 um 02:34 schrieb Bob Proulx:
> Charlie wrote:
>> I had never even known about apt-mark and when Matthias pointed it out,
>> tried it, read the man page and was amazed.
>
> The functionality of 'apt-mark hold' was new in Wheezy 7.  Squeezy 6
> didn't include that functionality.

Sort of.
In Squeeze and earlier releases you could already use
dpkg --get-selections > file
edit file and s/install/hold/ for the desired package
dpkg --set-selections < file

This had the same effect as "apt-mark hold". Arguably, apt-mark provides
the nicer interface :-)

If you're interested which packages are currently put on hold, run
dpkg --get-selections | grep hold

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?