Re: Temporarily hold a package............

On Sat, 9 May 2015 10:45:06 +0200 Jean-Marc sent:

> > I have been looking through the man pages for: apt-get, apt-get
> > upgrade, but I'm certain I don't understand how I might hold a
> > package for a while?
> >

> apt-mark hold openssl
>
> man apt-mark
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jean-Marc <jean-marc@6jf.be>

Thank you.

I had never even known about apt-mark and when Matthias pointed it out,
tried it, read the man page and was amazed.

Thank you both.
Charlie

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone,
	men would die from a great loneliness of spirit." ----
	Attributed to Chief Seattle - Suquamish Crisis Chief

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.