Re: xfce autostart command not running

On 2015-05-07, <briand@aracnet.com> <briand@aracnet.com> wrote:
> I've got the following in my Application Autostart tab
>
>   /usr/bin/setxkbmap -option ctrl:swapcaps
>
> but it never executes on start-up.
>
> I was hoping someone might be able to tell me how to go about
> debugging the problem (and yes it is checked).

Was a .desktop file created in ~/.config/autostart? If not, you can
create your own, with the above command on the 'Exec=' line. There are
lots of examples of .desktop files in /usr/share/applications. I think
the Application Autostart GUI will only applications which are
registered with the system in that way.

--

Liam