Re: issue with systemd-udev-settle

On 04/30/2015 01:27 PM, Matthias Bodenbinder wrote:
Am 30.04.2015 um 16:57 schrieb Matthias Bodenbinder:
Am 30.04.2015 um 15:09 schrieb Michael Biebl:
As you can see above, systemd-udevd timeouts processing the events from
that device and is eventually killed. The internal timeout for udev is
90s. If you add the the remaining time to boot the system, that would
explain the 2min boot times.

This looks like either buggy hardware or a bug in the kernel.

Can you try with a different keyboard and mouse directly attached to
your computer, not via a hub?

Yes, that is it.

It is the keyboard! I tried a different one and the computer boots fast.

The keyboard is not new. I had it running on the same computer for several years. All with debian wheezy. No problems. Why is that now? I doubt that this is a hw issue although I have never tested the sound module in that keyboard.

What can I do about it? I like this keyboard. I do not want to replace it. Can I deactivate probing for usb sound?

Matthias

I tested the keyboard on a different PC with a current debian testing instalation and the issue is more or less the same. Except for the waiting time. On the debian testing machine I have to wait less than 50% of the time than on the other PC. Strange? Is that CPU performance dependent or was the timing changed between Jessie and debian testing?

Anyways, I would like to deactivate the sound device in that keyboard so that udev is not waiting anymore. But how?

Didja try using alsamixer to mute it? ...and see if that helps? Maybe someone can post how to blacklist the device completely? Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html