Re: issue with systemd-udev-settle

Am 30.04.2015 um 16:57 schrieb Matthias Bodenbinder:
> Am 30.04.2015 um 15:09 schrieb Michael Biebl:
>> As you can see above, systemd-udevd timeouts processing the events from
>> that device and is eventually killed. The internal timeout for udev is
>> 90s. If you add the the remaining time to boot the system, that would
>> explain the 2min boot times.
>>
>> This looks like either buggy hardware or a bug in the kernel.
>>
>> Can you try with a different keyboard and mouse directly attached to
>> your computer, not via a hub?
>
> Yes, that is it.
>
> It is the keyboard! I tried a different one and the computer boots fast.
>
> The keyboard is not new. I had it running on the same computer for several years. All with debian wheezy. No problems. Why is that now? I doubt that this is a hw issue although I have never tested the sound module in that keyboard.
>
> What can I do about it? I like this keyboard. I do not want to replace it. Can I deactivate probing for usb sound?
>
> Matthias

I tested the keyboard on a different PC with a current debian testing instalation and the issue is more or less the same. Except for the waiting time. On the debian testing machine I have to wait less than 50% of the time than on the other PC. Strange? Is that CPU performance dependent or was the timing changed between Jessie and debian testing?

Anyways, I would like to deactivate the sound device in that keyboard so that udev is not waiting anymore. But how?

Matthias