Re: initramfs broken on Jessie upgrade

Forget the Call Trace, but I get a Kernel panic very like
http://users.birkenwald.de/~berni/volatile/783620.png
when I follow these instructions carefully:

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s03.html.en#usb-copy-isohybrid
4.3.3. Manually copying files to the USB stick - the flexible way

IOW the last line is the same. I can't speak for the rest.

My syslinux.cfg is
default linux
append initrd=initrd.gz
as these are the files copied in from boot.img.gz.
I have also copied initrd.gz from the netinst.iso.
(The kernels are the same apart from their name.)
Same result.

As reported in another thread, boot.img.gz works
fine when zcat'd directly to the same stick.

Cheers,
David.