Re: Jessie: XFCE4 Desktop background stopped working

Johann Spies wrote:

> Since Jessie became stable, there is a flat gray background on the XFCE4
> desktop and I cannot change it.  My normal configuration is that XFCE4
> should use a list of pictures and change the background regularly
> (something that I don't think the other systems can do).  This is not
> working anymore.

After seeing your mail, I was able to configure my background to rotate
through multiple images on Jessie.  When you say you are unable to
change from the gray background, what are the steps you are trying?  On
the Desktop Settings dialog, what choice is selected under "Image"
(right-hand side of the "Background" tab)?

regards,
mike