Re: No HDMI-Sound anymore with onboard sound chip "Intel CougarPoint HDMI" after upgrading from Wheezy to Jessie

On Wednesday 29 April 2015 06:05:06 Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Lisi Reisz writes:
> > > Any suggestions how I can try to get the HDMI sound working again?
> >
> > My eyes are playing up tonight, so I haven't beeen able to read your
> > email carefully, but I got HDMI sound working on Jessie by :
> >
> > Checking that I had pulseaudio (I can't remember whether I had it or had
> > to install it after checking).
> >
> > Installing pavucontrol.
> >
> > Turning on HDMI, which was off by default.
>
> i have hdmi audio (HDA Intel HDMI) working fine on my chromebook just
> with alsa, i.e., no pulseaudio.

Yes, but on my Jessie it didn't.  And with pulseaudio and pavucontrol it did.

Depends on your priorities.  Being right all along or getting it working.

Go on doing the same until it gives in, says "Sorry, guv, you're right" and
works after all.  Or try a few different things and see if they work.  You
can always uninstall things if they don't work.

I was offering a potential practical solution to a problem.  As I said, I also
use supermarkets.

Lisi