Re: apt stuck at "Reading database"

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 11:08:15AM -0400, Jape Person wrote:
> On 04/14/2015 03:59 AM, Chris Bannister wrote:
> >On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 08:42:45AM -0400, Jape Person wrote:
> >>IIRC apt-listbugs or apt-listchanges (or both) don't work without the
> >>deb-src entries in /etc/apt/sources.list.
> >
> >Works fine for me. Did you *actually* try it?
> >
> It works fine for me, too -- now. But, as I've said elsewhere, I remember
> that aptitude stopped being able to display changelogs when I removed the
> deb-src lines from my sources.list. That was years ago, and someone on this
> list (I think) told me to place the deb-src lines back in the sources.list
> file. After that, everything was fine.

That's obviously a problem with aptitude, I don't use it as I find
apt-get and apt-cache do everything I need. I started using apt, but
there is no completion, I filed a bug, but haven't heard anything since.

> I shall now don the pointy hat and sit in the corner.
>
> ;-)

Ahh!, the Wizards hat, have extra desert for me, while you are at it! :)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X