Re: Debian 7 and external monitors and graphics adaptors

On 04/16/2015 06:07 PM, Liam O'Toole wrote:
On 2015-04-16, Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:
On 17/04/2015, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

Have you tried "catalyst" for the AMD setup?? Under AMD Mobility
Product Family your 6000 series is listed.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst14-9LINReleaseNotes.aspx

Hello.

I assume something bad is in the source code of that web page (it is
aspx, so, proprietary MS stuff), but, with two web browsers - Arora
and rekonq, running on Debian 6, I can only see a bit at the op of the
web page - no scroll bar or any way to get to the important stuff
lower down on the web page.

Publishing a web page about Linux stuff, in MS only format, is a bit
weird.

It is kind of like the manuafacturer (AMD) wants to hide its Linux
stuff, from Linux users.

It is nothing of the sort. The site Works fine in iceweasel on jessie.
It should work on wheezy, which has the same version of iceweasel, too.

Any browser you run in squeeze was EOL'ed years ago, from a security
perspective if nothing else.

I missed the bit about the OP running squeeze. At any rate he has three choices that I can find
Ubuntu 32bit
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Ubuntu+x86+32
Ubuntu 64bit
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Ubuntu+x86+64
Or just Linux (32 + 64bit)
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Linux+x86

Both Ubuntu versions are for 14.04 or better. The "Linux" version is a zip file. You need kernel header package installed to use that one as it will compile itself, like the nvidia driver from nvidia does. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html