Re: apt stuck at "Reading database"

Sorry, this message was sent initially from a shared e-mail address. I'm using the correct address now. The primary owner of that addy is even older and grumpier than I am. Heh.

On 04/13/2015 11:10 AM, Curt wrote:
> On 2015-04-13, Jape Person <japers@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> IIRC apt-listbugs or apt-listchanges (or both) don't work without the
>> deb-src entries in /etc/apt/sources.list. I think these are tools that
>
> They don't?  Is that documented somewhere?

Not that I can find. I remembered having to restore the deb-src lines
after someone on this list (IIRC) suggesting doing that when I lost my
ability to see changelogs for upgradable files from within the aptitude
TUI. Restoring those deb-src lines did restore the ability to see the
changelogs in aptitude. I'm pretty sure my memory on this is correct.

I'm wondering if it was a bug in aptitude.

I'll try to do some research to find out whether or not this is simply
some confabulation / conflation created solely by my tiny mind.