Re: Book questions

Iain M Conochie <iain@thargoid.co.uk> writes:

Fair enough, I guess calling it the bible of C programming is going too far ;)

Heh! i was actually trying to think of another word instead of 'reference', and 'bible' is much closer to what i was looking for. :-)

Not to mention security as well - there is even a possible integer overflow in one of the examples! To be fair, I am not too sure how much of the security implications of C were known in 1988.

Good point! i've found that understanding the basics of C pointers is easy enough, but the tricky bit is learning the multiple (and often subtle) ways in which they can allow removal of various parts of one's body. ;-)

Alexis.