Re: debian 8

On Friday 10 April 2015 10:28:36 Curt wrote:
> On 2015-04-10, Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Let me assure you that as a fan of wireless keyboards and mice,
> > there are large percentages of the time when something goes aglay,
> > when that
>
> What does the fact that they're wireless have to do with it?  Even
> more bound to be without response under duress?

The bios, the last defense when things go south, may not regcognise a
bluetooth > usb attached keyboard.

> > cannot be done, as there is no response to the keyboard.  In most of
> > those cases, the hardware reset button is the only recourse
> > available to the system owner, me.
>
> There is something else to try:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key

I have occasionally tried that, (when I can remember it) has not worked
yet, for me, even with a wired keyboard.  That is something that distro
compilers building kernels for their disto, seem to have a delight in
disabling/ignoring.

This particular keyboard has not such a marked key.  White logitech K360.

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)