Re: debian 8

On Friday 10 April 2015 05:50:21 Christian Schmidt wrote:
> On 10.04.2015 11:25, Bret Busby wrote:
> > It seems that, on the eve of the release of Debian 8, Debian 7 is
> > still, even less stable and functional, than Debian 6.
>
> Maybe you haven't discovered yet that you can switch to a text console
> by pressing CTRL-Alt-F1 (F2-F6 should work, too). You could have
> logged in as root and cleanly shut down the system or kill your X
> session then.
>
> Regards,
> Christian
> --
> No signature available.

Christian; This is apparently in some ideal world?

Let me assure you that as a fan of wireless keyboards and mice, there are
large percentages of the time when something goes aglay, when that
cannot be done, as there is no response to the keyboard.  In most of
those cases, the hardware reset button is the only recourse available to
the system owner, me.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)