Re: Towards an "instructive" Debian installation

Richard Owlett wrote:

[snip why I wish to do install with debootstrap]

I list some links I've found useful to varying degrees. Some
don't reference debootstrap directly but illustrate side issues
that come under the heading "everybody knows that".

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/debootstrap
http://manpages.debian.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=debootstrap&manpath=Debian+6.0+squeeze

http://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap
http://wiki.debian.org/EmDebian/CrossDebootstrap
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apds03.html
http://wiki.debian.org/deb
http://www.digriz.org.uk/debian/debootstrap
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromLinux#Without_CD
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/how-to-install-debian-using-debootstrap-4175465295/

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/01/debootstrap-minimal-debian-ubuntu-installation/

http://askubuntu.com/questions/168158/how-do-i-add-more-variants-or-custom-packages-to-debootstrap

These are some additional links I've used:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromLinux#Without_CD
http://willhaley.com/blog/create-a-custom-debian-live-environment/
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/install-debian-gnu-linux-using-debootstrap-on-a-freebsd-jail-with-zfs.41470/ http://www.simtec.co.uk/products/SWDEBIAN/files/debootstrap-article.html --- !!!!!! have copy under /_debootstrap/misc

I hope others would find this list useful.

I would appreciate suggestions of other material I should be
reading.