Re: No suspend in XFCE without systemd?

On 04/08/2015 01:07 PM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
Hello,

I've made a Debian Jessie laptop for a customer, who does not want
systemd. Because of dependencies with systemd I don't have policykit
installed.

When I do a "pm-suspend" as root the laptop comes into suspend state,
but in XFCE the options are grey.

When I do "xfce4-power-manager --dump" then I see that it can do suspend
and hybernate, but is not authorized to do it. I think it will have to
do with the missing policykit.

Does somebody know here more?

Jessie is still a diamond in the rough. It might have been better to await the final release, and then wait several months for the cruft to fall out regarding laptops and oddball configurations.

That said, I've used it for months on my desktop which runs 24/7. It might help others for you to bring it to the attention of the maintainers with a bug report. I just don't know which package is affecting you. Perhaps others will. Good luck! :) Ric

p/s running as "root" user is not a good schema. Try as a user to see if you experience the same problem with suspend features on a laptop. Then report back, But I wouldn't assume the fault lies with systemd or the lack of it. It sounds like your customer isn't a good one if he wants systemd ripped out, before the final release, and runs as root user.

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html