Gtk+ font rendering broken on PPC after upgrade to Jessie

Hi everyone,

after upgrading from Wheezy to Jessie on my imac g3 the font rendering in Gtk+ applications is distorted. The fonts are mostly unreadable. This affects Gtk2 and Gtk3 but not Qt applications. I reinstalled the whole system twice freshly. but the problem persists.

I want to file a bug report, but I'm not sure which package is causing the problem. I suspect it is a bug in the cairo library. Maybe someone with more knowledge about the Gtk font rendering stack can help me.

I also have a screen shot which nicely displays the problem. Is there a preferred place to upload the screen shot to share within the bug report?

Thanks