Re: [OT] Use of language on this list was: Re: firefox-37, where to put

On 04/04/15 10:59, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> Why can't he actually type out these awful jargon acronyms?  And
> avoid this extra abstruse vocabulary?  Because we might actually
> understand if he did, and writing stuff we can't understand seems to
> make him feel superior.
>
> But this is the English language list,  Perhaps we should insist on a
> known dialect of English, that is spoken by more than one person.

I believe the solution is quite simple:
If I don't understand (part of) a message, I'll just ignore it. If the
originator of that message is asking for help, he's unlikely to get it
from me.

--
Tony van der Hoff  | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Ariège, France     |