Re: firefox-37, where to put

On Saturday 04 April 2015 03:15:15 Petter Adsen wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 13:39:46 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 03 April 2015 12:25:01 Chris Bannister wrote:
> > > I vaguely recall fighting with the partitioning stage at one point
> > > in the past but I think the 7.7 netinst I tried recently was much
> > > improved.
> > >
> > > There might be one particular step which is tripping Gene up, and
> > > once the "oh! duh! <slaps forehead>" moment passes, he'll be
> > > right.
> >
> > I would welcome that moment.
>
> I just need to ask, Gene, as you mentioned something about running a
> patched version of Wheezy for your machines - is it possible that they
> have somehow (badly) patched the installer to get a certain partition
> setup, and doesn't allow anything else?
>
> Petter

I'd have real serious doubts about that Petter, no reason to as LinuxCNC,
other than needing the RTAI patched kernel for its I/O, can live happily
with any common drive setup I have ever done over better than the last
decade.  These guys, while fairly savvy with computers, are for the most
part, Machinists first as thats what pays the bills. Given their
druthers & spare time, or an itch to scratch, they would put their
efforts into a better gui to run it with. Or running down bugs and
fixing them.  Generally speaking, its been years since I have
encountered a show stopper bug.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)