Re: firefox-37, where to put

On Friday 03 April 2015 20:44:46 David Wright wrote:
> Quoting Gene Heskett (gheskett@wdtv.com):
> > >
> > > No - it is another Gene special.
> > >
> > > Lisi
> >
> > Two great countries, Lisi, separated by a common language.
> >
> > The abbreviation 'equ' has been in common use on this side of the
> > pond in technical literature such as service manuals for at least 65
> > years that I personally know of.
> >
> > A Common Language indeed. :)
>
> I must admit I'm getting fed up with having to keep
> http://www.acronymfinder.com/ open all the time for the likes of

 swag, a Scientific Wild Assed Guess, usually somewhat more valid than a
WAG, but its still a Guess. ;-)

 sob, has 2 aliases, "signed off by full name" on the linux kernel
      mailing list's or more commonly "son of a female dog"

 tbe, To Be Exact

 pima, same as PITA but its "My" instead of "The"

 vswr, Voltage Standing Wave Ratio, mathematically describes the ratio of
power going out verses the amount of power coming back as measured in
the voltage domain, usually refered to in the scenario of an antenna or
tramsmission line or both combined.  The ideal but virtually never
accomplished ratio would be 1/1. In broadcasting scenarios, a 1.05/1
ratio usually initiates a protective shutdown. In Ultra High Frequency
broadcasting on channel 19, thats not good enough because of
transmission line loses, which make it look better than it is on the
ground where the measuring facilities are. In bad weather, with 30
kilowatts of power at the bottom of a 1000 foot run of 6.125 inch
diameter rigid coaxial transmission line, that has started a fire inside
the line at the top of the tower, and burned up all the teflon in 660
feet of transmission line before it tripped. By the time the tower crew
has cleaned it up, replaced the burned up teflon and packed up to go
home, it can be north of $50,000 AND 3 weeks off the air.

 cf, cluster f--k. No idea where it originated, but common in these here
parts for decades.

 idk, I Don't Know

 C.E.T., Certified Electronics Technician, I am one, registered as
NEB-118.  That card, dropped on the HR department desk when the
department is looking to hire an electronics technician, raises eyebrows
AND the salary that will be offered, considerably as it says the carrier
of that card does know what he is talking about and can do the job.

 ADAT, brand name and format for a very high quality digital audio tape
recorder, used in mastering music for the final recording and editing
before making the audio cd's by the millions. 4.5 digit pricy, so you
won't find one in the average home recording studio. With the
availability of DAW's, "Digital Audio Workstation's" for a $200 or $300
card in your computer and a planetccrm linux install that costs 10% of
the price of the ADAT, the ADAT is now quite old & rare technology.

> to quote a few. (And often there are
> *too many* matches for convenience.)
>
> English is my mother tongue, which helps, but there are people here
> for whom that is not the case.

Also very true, so I will attempt to reduce my use of the "jargon" of the
trade. On this list...

> Cheers,
> David.

Cheers, Gene Heskett