Re: md5sums and shasums

On Friday 03 April 2015 23:27:06 Bob Proulx wrote:
> Here is how I arrived there.  I know the sums are stored next to the
> isos in the same directory.  I right-clicked on the link.  Then I
> pasted it into the location bar of the browser.  Then I removed the
> filename portion backing up to the directory.  That left the above
> directory in the url and it dipsplays the SUMS files and signature
> files for the entire directory.
>
> There is no link to the sums from that page.  There is only the note
> describing the process this way:
>
>   For CD and DVD images, an MD5SUMS file is available in the same
>   directory as the images.

Thank you, Bob.  That is very helpful.  Today I simply couldn't find

  For CD and DVD images, an MD5SUMS file is available in the same
 directory as the images.

I have better times and worse times with my eyes.

But even when I could see it the other day, I couldn't find the sums.

I followed your instructions from the page just now, and there they were.  I
am presumably not savvy enough in the eyes of the developers to be using
Jessie.  I'm certainly not savvy enough to have succeeded in finding the sums
without your help.

> I daresay that isn't as convenient as having a direct link.

It isn't that it isn't as convenient, it isn't useful to those of us who are
less well informed.  I did try, and it didn't help me find anything because I
didn't understand well enough.

So thank you very much.  The installation I am about to do will be the first
Jessie installation I have done whose CD I have managed to check.

Lisi