Re: firefox-37, where to put

On Friday 03 April 2015 13:26:32 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Friday 03 April 2015 17:41:05 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > If that isn't broken, its a matter for you and me to argue about
> > over a couple hand coolers, on me of course. :)
>
> No, it isn't broken.  You have trouble with it.  So you need help.  I
> have no problem with that.  But accept help.  Answer questions.  Or
> just irritate people.  But what do you actually achieve by
> deliberately provoking them?
>
> Lisi

Well, Brian just posted another step by step that may contain a clue as
to what I was doing wrong.  When the drives get here, and Jessie is
sicced out the door in about 2.5 weeks, I will find out.

Brian defined /home first, then /, and lastly swap,

whereas I was defining /boot, /, /home, /opt and swap in that order.  But
I am not at all convinced that the first partition should not be /boot.
If boot then winds up as a directory on /, and its 1.9 Tb into the drive
from from cylinder 1, I'd have reservations about the bios's ability to
find its boot files.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)