Re: firefox-37, where to put

On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 01:28:56PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Thu 02 Apr 2015 at 20:37:18 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > I know that it has been said before, but there may be people new to
> > > the list reading this.  I used the same "broken" installer, and my
> > > /home is separate from /.
> > >
> > > Lisi
> >
> > I appreciate that you have done that Lisi, but this hybrid.iso from
> > linuxcnc.org, downloadable from a link right one on the front page, and
> > using the wheezy repos for updates, simply cannot be beaten into
> > submission to do that.
>
> It needs to be spoken to softly and caressed into submission. No one
> doubts your experience but everyone wonders how you have managed to turn
> a happy and co-operative installer into a martinet.

I vaguely recall fighting with the partitioning stage at one point in
the past but I think the 7.7 netinst I tried recently was much improved.

There might be one particular step which is tripping Gene up, and once
the "oh! duh! <slaps forehead>" moment passes, he'll be right.

Is there a local Linux User Group in your area? You could mention this,
and I bet there would be someone who would be keen to see what the
trouble is, i.e. sort it out in a hand holding manner or confirm that
there is some peculiarity with what you are trying to achieve.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X