Re: A question about deleting a big file structure from a big disk in Jessie: Why does this work? I'm really worried.

Quoting Paul E Condon (pecondon@mesanetworks.net):
> On 20150402_2135-0500, David Wright wrote:
> > I do get occasional I/O errors on USB transfers, which can make the
> > disk readonly, but sometimes make it disappear altogether (ie it
> > gets unmounted, not remounted).
>
> All of my file systems are journaled. Did you notice a delay in remount
> as the journal was replayed?

No, but I wasn't watching for it. I will in future (though obviously
I have adjusted my working practice to minimise the rare occurrences).

> > Just in passing, if clamav wakes up and spots the USB drive, file
>
> clamav is terra incognita to me.

And not much more than that to me. I must investigate nice/renice
to prevent its taking over.

Cheers,
David.