Re: firefox-37, where to put

On Thursday 02 April 2015 06:34:52 Renaud  OLGIATI wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 22:54:02 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > So where is the std place it would normally live?  If it can still
> > find the old iceweasel password cache, that would be a huge plus.
>
> I usually unpack it in /opt/ after renaming the previous version dir
> from firefox to firefox_xx-y-z so I can, in case of problem, easily
> revert to the earlier version by changing dir name again. .
>
> And I have a link in /usr/bin pointing to /opt/firefox/firefox

I can do that, but it will be after I dl a 2nd copy and unpack it with
tar.  Or if I can find a deb, get that. Clicking on the downloaded file
brought up squeeze, and squeeze after screwing around for a while
because I never saw it before, AND the double click did not even pass
the filename to squeeze to open, I had to go find it and open it, it
unpacked what looks to be a legit, ready to run directory tree, that
contains nothing executable by man despite the shown permissions.

Thanks Ron.

> Cheers,
>
> Ron.
> --
>       The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and
> loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole
> lifetime, if not asked to lend money.
>                                                            -- Mark
> Twain
>
>                    -- http://www.olgiati-in-paraguay.org --

Nice quote, but it should not be in my reply, but I just found out why,
your sig separator is incomplete, its lf,dash,dash,space,lf to be
correct.  You might want to fix the recipe so it puts a trailing space
after the --

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)