Re: Monitor is flickering when changes on the screen (i.e. cursor)

Op Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:50:18 +0200 schreef Flo <debianflo@gmx.at>:

Dear all,

I installed jessie with LXDE, 3.16.0-4-amd64.

The problem I am facing is that when I move the cursor or when there are
other changes on the screen like moving lines the Monitor starts to flicker.

The monitor&computer isn't new, there was Debian installed a few years
ago and there it worked.

The difficulty for me is that I don't know where to start from to find a
solution.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thany you very much in advance.

Regards,
Flo

Does the problem also occurs when you use an other OS? For example
with a live Linux pendrive.

Are there warning (WW) or error (EE) messages in
journalctl -u gdm.service
when the screen is flickering?

Success,

Floris