Re: Monitor is flickering when changes on the screen (i.e. cursor)

On 04/01/15 15:50, Floris wrote:
> Op Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:50:18 +0200 schreef Flo <debianflo@gmx.at>:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I installed jessie with LXDE, 3.16.0-4-amd64.
>>
>> The problem I am facing is that when I move the cursor or when there are
>> other changes on the screen like moving lines the Monitor starts to
>> flicker.
>>
>> The monitor&computer isn't new, there was Debian installed a few years
>> ago and there it worked.
>>
>> The difficulty for me is that I don't know where to start from to find a
>> solution.
>>
>> Can anyone give me a hint?
>>
>> Thany you very much in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Flo
>>

> Does the problem also occurs when you use an other OS? For example
> with a live Linux pendrive.

There was an old Debian installed which I removed yesterday and there it
worked without that problem.

> Are there warning (WW) or error (EE) messages in
> journalctl -u gdm.service
> when the screen is flickering?

Ok, I will check that and get back to you as soon as I have the
information (it's my mother's pc, I am not there very often).

Thank you.

Regards,
Flo.

PS: I also tried different resolutions. No effect!